My favorite tips are the ones that take something I’ve been familiar with all my life and then show me something totally new or unexpected with it. For instance, how about this list of various common household items that the majority of us have probably never realized we were using incorrectly.
1. You can peel a hard-boiled egg without peeling the whole shell. Just break the top and bottom off, then blow into the egg as seen below.
2. Glass ketchup bottles have a “sweet spot.” Instead of tapping the bottom, tap the “57” embossed on the glass to get ketchup out with ease.
3. You can use yogurt/pudding cup foil to create a DIY spoon in a pinch.
4. Your spaghetti spoon can be used to measure perfect portions of pasta.
5. Some pot handles have a “built-in” spoon rest!
6. Juice boxes have handles.
That’s a game changer!
7. Use the right plunger for the job: Cup plungers (right) are most common, but they’re meant for sinks. To unclog a toilet, use the Flange plunger (left).
8. Store natural peanut butter upside-down to prevent separation.
9. Use the tab on a soda can to hold your straw.
10. That hook on the back of your shirt is meant to hang it up without wrinkling the shirt.
11. Bobby pins are actually meant to be used with the rugged side down for better grip.
12. Those tabs on the side of your kitchen wrap boxes are there to keep the roll in place as you pull.
Good lord, how did I not see it before?
14. That drawer under your oven as an actual purpose.
15. Pull triangles of Toblerone chocolate towards the bar to break them off more easily.
Can you believe it?
16. Use a keychain bottle opener to open cans and save your nails.
17. With a little folding out, condiment cups can hold WAY more ketchup.
18. Tic Tac containers have a built-in dispenser… Unless you’re like me, and you eat like 15 of them at a time.
Mind = BLOWN
Be sure to SHARE this with your family and friends.